Tuesday, September 29, 2015

CQ WW RTTY 2015 SOSB-20 





   Again, after a year there is the biggest evenent for RTTY funs :) I wanted to run 80m but did not have a time to have all ready... 4SQ sloper system is waiting for new hybrid, no beverages and so on.

   We spent some time with 20m antennas and have new "BIG" stack of pair HB9CV. I also needed to test new black boxes from our RemoteQTH.com: Multibeaming controller and Stack controller (Open Stack boxes). Than finally I have three antennas systems:

- 5 over 5 at 15/31m
- 2el HB9CV to EA+SA and 2el HB9CV to I and AF at 18m / 10m
- single 5el at 32m

   This works great and helps a lot! See the video down. I could control HB9CVs too, so I could RX just for PY or EA stations or only to AF - this helped to ketch SU9IG and some LU and PY were not be able to copy without this possibility.

  Another big thing - IC-7800. First time I used SO2V and it is great! Also in connect together with big LCD and waterfall. I used dual watch function a lot. It was easy to find some mults than (EA6, TG9 etc).

  And the conditions... I am beginner on 20m band so I do not know it a lot. The Saturday morning conditions brought some VK and ZL LP QSOs but the afternoon, it was fantastic experience! I run as the "zipper" :) Switched between the stack and single 5 el and work NA / JA / NA / JA and what more CA / JA / CA /JA :) Btw the most worked state is CA! 49 QSOs. Than IL 31 QSOs... 

Overall I made 712 NA stations (K + VE), 7 KH6, 5 KL7... And 263 JA stations.

   During the Sunday conditions seemd little worse or maybe there ware nobody to work? :) Rates went down. The best hour rate was 88 QSOs. 



 

10m H-frame stack - 20m systems:




Multibeaming example:



QSOs     Pts  ZN    Cty   SP
1937    5018   36  107   57

Score : 1 003 600

Thanks a lot to all and hope to meet you soon on RTTY and next in CW WW SSB!

No comments:

Post a Comment